Looks like it's been awhile since I updated this blog, but I've been tagged with one of these interwebnetz tag games by my superduperbest webnetz top 10 friends CourtneyWatson.net. Well, that's not technically true; she actually tried tagging a blog I contrbute to. Which looks like I'll be the last contributer for. Preposition ends that proposition.
So here are those rules I'm supposed to use:
- Link to the person who tagged you
- Share seven random things about yourself
- Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs
- Let each person know theyâve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs (you know, in cae you aren't reading this thingie)
Without further ado - 7 things you probably didn't want/need to know about me
- Embarrasing internet secret - my first website is still the most successful. Way more successful than any other endavor i've attempted. And it's about Sonic the Hedgehog. And I still maintain an AOL account to host it. You can see for yourself, since it was left off mid construction sometime in late 2000. After I stopped working on it, all of my hard promotion work paid off and it recieved a larger influx of site visitors than anything I've made since.
- I used to be in 3 (maybe 4) bands in High School, where I served a producer type role. Mp3.com picked up where my inner Sonic-fanboy left off, culminating in the production of roughly 50 copies of my first band's record - "v2.0" by DJam. Also an offshoot of each member with solo productions "Polish Techno" by DJKalexy and my own "untitled" release by DJBox (later, renamed Skewgee). Those sites can be Googled.
- I'm still a member of an electronic music collective of sort, currently on an indefinite hiatus. After getting a bad review of our first single that harped on our group's original name (BNDM, or Band Names Don't Matter), we came up with the descriptive monkier Biotrix. I kind of miss our older websites, but you can see the latet incarnation at Biotrix.net
- On one dating site, Consumating.com, I am still the most popular boy in St. Louis (about a 20-mile radius), despite having been through one very public Consumating relationship and another meaningful and current relationship for over a whole year. This probably has something to do with the very bizzare thumbs up points based popularity system. Somehow even though I haven't logged in for months, i'm still the 110th most popular on the site.
- So yeah, by now you know that I can achieve quasi-obesessive internetdom. You know what I've learned? That promoting a blog, a band, or a dating game isn't really all that different from promo for a fanboy website. It's all about building contacts, trading links, and making regular updates. hence this little post.
- I still have no idea who I'm voting for in the primary. And I'm thinking about doing this whole dirty political business for a living.
- I spent the past 21 years of my life thinking there wasn't anything to do in town, often turning to the internub for amusement. Now with Highway 61 I've grown to resent not being able to do enough of what i want. you just can't win, but i should've started this awhile ago.
Wow, I made that about as embarrasing as I could. Now I would like to knight the following members of the Blogeratti -
1.) Thomas Crone
2.) Bill Streeter
5.) Patrick Vacek
6.) Miss Betsy
7.) Mister Ben
And thusly my guilty baton has been passed ahead
Originally posted on skewgee.vox.com