Life as it Happens
Christmas QuestionsThu, November 27, 2008 - 6:29 AM
both...i usually start out wrapping and being really creative...then get tired of it and bring out the bags
2. Real tree or artificial?
although i love almost any christmas tree (and have a special affection for the silver ones that make shiny images on the ceiling) my heart belongs to REAL trees with as many lights as is safe to have on it....covered in ornaments of all shapes and sizes....the shinier, the better...
3. When do you put up the tree?
usuall the first week of december....
4. When do you take the tree down?
i have taken it down the day after christmas.....always within 2-3 days
5. Do you like eggnog?
6. Favorite gift recieved as a child?
a newborn thumbelina doll given to me by elderly neighbors....it was in a white shoebox wrapped in green tissue paper......*i don't know what became of that doll, but years later, as an adult, i became obsessed with finding another one....finally, after searching everywhere (this was way before ebay), i put an ad in the paper and got a call from a local antique store that they had one...i bought it and had a seamstress friend of mine sew it a christening dress and it resides in my 'hope chest' now......the funny thing about this is that i never liked dolls at all except for that one...
7. Hardest person to buy for?
no one is hard for me
8. Easiest person to buy for?
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
yes...............but, oh mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....there was one on ebay last year that was made up of all irish setters!!!!! little irish setter mary and josephs, shepherds, etc......it was soooooooooo cool (and ultra expensive
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received
i have always been easy to please and grateful for any gift (though there have been some returns in the past of clothes that were so not me)
12.Favorite Christmas movie?
truman capote's 'a christmas memory'...the original one with geraldine page.......when i saw this the first time as a child, i cried my eyes out....................and i still do............such a touching story...supposedly autobiographical of truman too.....
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
all thru the year i pick up things....but i get heavy into it by october
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
15 Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
my fruit salad
16. Lights on the tree?
YESSSSS....but no flashing
17. Favorite Christmas song?
can't choose just one.........i never feel it's the holiday season until i hear john lennon's christmas song (war is over) on the radio.......i love sting's version of 'gabriel's message'..........traditional.......i love 'god rest ye merry gentlemen'....and anything by johnny mathis.....oh, and 'tender tennessee christmas'....
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home?
i travel as far as my mom's house to bring her over here
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
of course...i know them all personally
20. Angel on the tree top or star?
21. Open the presents Christmas eve or morning?
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
the hustle and bustle
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
i think 'theme' trees are lovely, but my preference is a hodgepodge of all kinds of ornaments....i have some absolutely wonderfully beautiful and sentimental ornaments......lots of doggy ornaments on my tree too as you can imagine
24. Favorite item of holiday wear?
none...the only holiday i dress for is halloween
25. What do you want for Christmas?
26. On a scale of 1-10, how many lights (like the Griswalds), do you have outside?
none...too much work
29. Favorite Christmas tradition?
on christmas eve, mom and me (and sometimes randy and the dogs) driving around looking at the lights.......also our traditional kfc feast
30. Non stop Christmas music radio station?
sometimes....but i can only handle it so long
31. Stockings or not?
oh yesssssssssssssssss....i love doing and getting my own stocking
32. Pie or cake?
33. Do gift cards make good gifts?
personally, i love getting them....though i don't give them often
34. What is your preferred spelling for the Jewish Festival of Lights?
the correct one....
|add a comment|