Want new Boggards news? Want to find out about the New Guys?
Want free music?
Subscribe to the Boggards email list.
If you've missed the last few newsletters, or if you've had a different email since signing up, or if you've just never felt the urge, the time is never better to sign up.
We don't send much. Honest. And we don't sell/distribute the list either. Promise.
At some point between closing on Saturday and opening on Sunday, someone stole most of the signs that the Boggards use for our show.
A one sided "Parental Advisory: We Say Fuck" sign, approx. 3'x2', design similar to "parental advisory" stickers.
A series of smaller, approx. 2'x1.5' signs, reading "Crap", "Damn", "Shit", "Cock", "Pussy (Meow)" and two signs reading "Bitch".
We're currently willing to believe that this was just a drunken idiocy. It happens. I woke up with a stop sign next to my bed one morning.
I'm personally requesting word be put out that we just want them back. If they're back at the Reef before our first set on Saturday, nothing further needs to be said. Stupid crap happens, life moves on.
If they are not returned, after Saturday at 11 AM I'd request everyone please keep an eye out for the signs and if they are spotted, report the thief to anyone not otherwise busy with a radio. We've filed a report on this with REC, they'll be able to get them back to us.
Please, spread the word.
It happened today when I read this:
and the supporting blogging going on at
A mother created a false MySpace account and used it to drive a 13 year old girl to suicide. No reason stated yet, but the girl had recently stopped being friends with the mother's daughter.
This, if it's remotely how it looks, is pure evil.
And there's also apparently no law to touch the perpetrator for what she's done.
1. Who was the last person to call you baby?
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
Yes, unless they've made that impossible.
3. If you had to kiss the last person you kissed, would you?
She'd be very sad if I wouldn't.
4. Has someone ever sang a song to you?
5. Do you play Sudoku?
Math is evil. Numbers should be free to romp and play, not confined to tiny boxes on a page. Have you no humanity?
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness would you survive?
It depends on which wilderness. Forested area? Probably. Arctic tundra? Lifespan in seconds, yo.
7. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you would do?
Marvel that I own a house suddenly. Well, owned.
8. Who was the last person you shared a bed with?
9. Who do you text the most?
10. Who last said they loved you?
There's a theme to the romantic questions, if you hadn't noticed...
11. What color are your eyes?
12. How tall are you?
13. Do you like your parents?
One yes, one no.
14. Do you secretly like someone?
As in "actively keeping it secret"? No. "Probably don't know you like them"? Definitely.
15. Why did your last relationship end?
When you get down to it, they usually just do. Lack of communication? 500 mile commute? We've not really spoken for a long time.
16. Who was the last person you said you loved on the phone?
Again with the Willowing.
17. Favorite ex-Beatle?
18. Where was the furthest place you traveled?
I have been completely around the planet. Take that, er... well. Look at the time.
19. Do you like mustard?
20. Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
Eating's more varied as far as what I can actually influence, but this is kinda like "oxygen or water".
21. Do you look like your mom or dad?
No. I actually look like a black David Duke.
22. How long does it take you in the shower?
As long as I need?
23. Can you do splits?
That 7/10 is a bitch. I split that more times than I ever want to think of, and I don't bowl.
24. What movie do you want to see right now?
Nothing, really? I've grown to dislike most pop culture.
25. What did you do for New Year's Eve?
Errrrr... I think I was at Heather/Tyler's party...
26. Do you think The Grudge was crappy?
:shrug: Decently done horror flick, not the scariest movie on the planet or anything. I mean, it's got nothing on something truly terrifying like "Showgirls".
27. Was your mom a cheerleader?
No, and she'd probably punch you for saying she was. OK, she'd look at you scornfully.
28. What's the last letter of your middle name?
29. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Some. No set schedule.
30. Do you like care bears?
I don't actively DISlike them, but honestly, I don't care. Snorks, on the other hand, must die.
31. What do you buy at the Movies?
32. Do you know how to play poker?
Hey... wait... this IS just a refinement of the last one I did...
33. Do you wear your seatbelt?
Yes. I have come to in a vehicle with a body in the seat next to me. We both were belted, but I know without room for any doubt that had I not worn mine I'd have died too. It rather impacts your opinion on this sort of thing.
34. What do you wear to sleep?
As little as possible. I hate fabric binding.
35. Anything big ever happen in your town?
It's Long Beach. Do Florence and Normandie do anything for you? Damned riots didn't start in LA.
36. Is your hair straight or curly?
37. Is your tongue pierced?
Nothing is. Needles are inherently bad.
38. Do you like Liver and Onions?
Done well, yes. My senior years will be golden. Assuming I live to them.
39. Do you like funny or serious people better?
40. Ever been to L.A.?
41. Who or what is on your mind right now?
Work, hair, brain tissue, fluids, whatever else is up there.
42. Any plans for tonight?
43. What's your favorite song at the moment?
Several really. Probably "Harem in Tuscany"
44. Do you hate chocolate?
45. Are you in college?
46. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy?
No. I do need one to keep me sane. Otherwise I totally withdraw into myself and would probably pretty much die. I'm not really joking.
47. If you could have any job what would it be?
48. Are you easy to get along with?
I hope so.
49. What is your favorite time of day?
50. Are you a generally happy person?
2. Do you think you'll be married by then?
Well, yes. Willow would be horribly put out if we weren't.
3. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
Hard call. St. Pat's? Faire? Good blowjob?
4. Where do you most want to travel?
5. Who was the last person to call you?
6. Do you prefer to call or text?
I prefer online IM, but hey - I don't have much option in that right now, so probably text. I hate phones in a general, vague, "damned annoying things" kind of way that can only be inspired by one too many telephone customer service experiences.
7. Do you have any pets?
My cats would be very put out if I didn't plug them. Shout out to the Gobo and Pin, yo! And the Otis Rat too.
8. What were you doing at 12am last night?
9. Are your parents married/separated/divorced?
My biological parents are divorced.
10. When is the last time you talked to your mom?
11. How many states have you lived in?
One state, one FPO/AP.
12. How many countries have you lived in?
One country, one FPO/AP
13. How many cities/towns have you lived in?
At least 7.
14. Do you like anyone at this moment?
Yes. Some more than others. Some MUCH more than others, in that special way. Some I just really wanna see naked.
15. What was the last thing you ate?
A cookie with coffee. Go team Power Breakfast!
16. What is your favorite restaurant?
I have many. Brennan's for Juleps and Cajun Bloody Marys. Cove for appetizers and industrial strength drinks. Lonestar because for a cheesy chain they've got great steaks. Harbor House because nothing beats huge plates of good food served by a hot alternawaitress.
17. What is your favorite type of food?
Ones I cook.
18. Do you like coffee?
19. How many glasses of water a day do you drink on average?
20. What do you drink in the morning?
Soda, coffee, bitter dregs of reality.
21. Would you rather sleep with someone else or alone?
Someone else. A few, if possible :^D
22. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
23. Do you know how to play poker?
Yes. Middling amateur, won a bit but only informally.
24. Do you like to cuddle?
25. Have you ever been to Canada?
No, eh. But I *have* met Canadians. That should count for something - they're SO exotic!
26. Do you eat out or at home more often?
Hmm. Probably half/half.
27. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
28. Do you want kids?
For what purpose? Birthed and dealing with their crap filled diapers and eventual crap filled adolescence? Not so much really.
29. Do you speak any other languages?
Drunk, plastered and blackout.
30. Ever had stitches or other surgery?
31. What is your favorite color?
32. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
Pool, but mainly because of the crowds.
33. Do you like window or aisle seats?
34. Do you know how to drive a stick shift?
35. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
Not going into that here.
36. Do you wear any jewelry 24/7?
37. What is your favorite TV show?
Currently, no TV.
38. What is your favorite song?
Far too many for words.
39. What is the main ring tone on your phone?
I just got the thing - I'm not so much in a "favorite" place with it, still working up "tolerance".
40. Do you still have anything from when you were little?
Yes. Me, for starters.
41. What is the color of your bedroom walls?
White with cobwebs. Ooooh, spooky cobwebs
42. Do you like Winter or Autumn?
Whenever it rains.
43. Do you sleep with your closet doors opened or closed?
44. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of killer bees?
Bees. Bears are a lot harder to get back up from after being hit 500 times.
45. Do you flirt a lot?
Sometimes? If I've got a willing target.
46. What do you dip chicken nuggets in?
Why would I eat "nuggets" when I can cook the whole damned bird?
47. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
48. Do you dance in the car?
Not really. I sing though.
49. If you could move to any state, where would you most want to move?
Delirium, but only if I could arrange for it to be temporary controlled visits. Inebriation is a good state, but I'm there frequently anyway.
50. Do you think anyone would care if you died?
I'm pretty sure Willow would be kinda put out.
*OTHER* than piss and moan on Tribe. "I hate this place, so I'm going to stay here" really doesn't carry much weight.
First, realize that this isn't Tribe randomly deciding your naughty bits aren't acceptable. It's a reaction to a law that's causing a lot of trouble, all because "won't somebody think of the CHILDREN!!!"
Second, if you're not registered to vote, register.
Third, find out who your local representatives are. Start writing PAPER letters and mailing. Start your friends doing so. Get as many people as you possibly can to send polite, well written letters to them explaining why you're against the law.
Finally, don't torpedo Tribe. It'll weather the storm - but not if a bunch of assholes deliberately break the rules and get Tribe shut down.
Go. Check it out if you're one of us. Join. It's not REC affiliated. It is a good place for us to be able to discuss the things that bore everyone else, not to mention things that draw the fire of "RPFS IS EEEEEEEEEEVIL!" crowd.
At this point we've got our mailing list, Donor club, Boggards Boards and MySpace group going. So I figured of COURSE we need more.
I promise that it's official (I started it) and that I'll be updating it with impertinent info and stuff as time goes by.
If'n you're up for joining, it's over in My Tribes. It's the Poxy Boggards one.