shut the blog up and dance!
"By reducing your junk mail for 5 yrs, you’ll conserve 1.7 trees & 700 gallons of water & prevent 460 pounds of carbon dioxide from being released into the atmosphere – & you’ll gain 40 hrs of time!"Wed, May 23, 2007 - 5:25 PM
what a great gift idea: graduations, b-days, x-mas, etc...
* NO MORE JUNK MAIL.
* Save time by eliminating 80-95% of your daily junk mail.
* Save trees - 100+ million trees destroyed annually for junk mail.
* Save water used producing and recycling junk mail.
* Reduce global warming - energy used for junk mail.
* Support your favorite charity - we donate when you sign up.
The following is a handful of many relevant and realistic figures that not only verify the need for junk mail reduction, but also reveal staggering truths about consumption, waste, and its impact on the environment.
Stop Junk Mail — a Personal Nuisance & Environmental Hazard
* Save trees. More than 100 million trees are destroyed each year to produce junk mail. 42% of timber harvested nationwide becomes pulpwood for paper.
* Reduce global warming. The energy used to produce and dispose of junk mail exceeds 2.8 million cars.
* Save water. About 28 billion gallons of water are wasted to produce and recycle junk each year.
* Save time. You waste about 8 hours a year dealing with junk mail.
Your Mailbox Today
* The average adult receives 41 pounds of junk mail each year (about 560 pieces). 44% goes to the landfill unopened.
* On average, we receive 10.8 pieces of junk mail a week, compared to only 1.5 personal letters.
* More than 62 billion pieces (4 million tons) of junk mail are produced each year.
* The majority of household waste consists of junk mail.
* 40% of the solid mass that makes up our landfills is paper and paperboard waste.
* Junk mail inks have high concentrations of heavy metals, making the paper difficult to recycle.
* $320 million of local taxes are used to dispose of junk mail each year.
* California’s state and local governments spend $500,000 a year collecting and disposing of AOL’s direct mail disks alone.
* Transporting junk mail costs $550 million a year.
* Lists of names and addresses used in bulk mailings reside in mass data-collection networks. Your name is typically worth 3 to 20 cents each time it is sold.
Your Mailbox Tomorrow
* 41pounds.org eliminates 80-95% of junk mailings for you by contacting dozens of direct marketers on your behalf.
* By reducing your junk mail for 5 years, you’ll conserve 1.7 trees and 700 gallons of water, and prevent 460 pounds of carbon dioxide from being released into the atmosphere – and you’ll gain 40 hours of free time!
* By stopping credit card offers and other junk mail, you’ll help protect your identity from theft and fraud.
What are people saying about 41Pounds.org?
41Pounds.org does exactly what they say they are going to do and that’s eliminate 90% of my junk mail. It just works; and that’s the best endorsement I can give. K. Pasternak – Carlsbad, California
Thank you so much for your service. I used to go to the mailbox and walk immediately to the kitchen garbage pail to discard almost everything I had received. A lot of days every single piece of mail went straight to the trash. Now there is very little to throw away. And it feels great. Good luck to you and your company. D. Regan – Clarkston, Michigan
My football team used 41Pounds.org as a fundraiser and it was a great decision. It was really easy for our kids to sell and a unique way to raise money. J. Zielinski – New Haven, Michigan
41Pounds.org eliminated my junk mail to nearly nothing. No more shredding personal information like credit card applications and a lot less trash. It was worth every penny. K. Koliba – Macomb, Michigan
I signed my parents up for this service for security reasons and after seeing a significant reduction in their direct mail I happily added my name to the list of satisfied customers. C. Asmus – Rochester, Michigan
|add a comment|
My mom is 80, and spends her entire day going through Junk mail, cuz she feels she has an obligation to read all of it since she was raised in the era where junk mail didn't exist, and any kind of mail at all was *really* valuable and important. I'm signing her up!! Thank you sooooo much!! This will free up alot of her valuable time and energy!!
Does she have to sign cards and mail them in? That might be a little bit of a problem, but hell, it's worth a try!