My Favorite Peanut Butter CookiesMon, March 20, 2006 - 10:00 PM
⅓ Cup Vegetable Shortening (I use unflavored Crisco)
¾ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
3 Tbs Creamy Peanut Butter
1 ¼ Cup Brown Sugar, packed
3 Tbs Milk
1 Tbs Vanilla
1 ¾ Cup All-Purpose Flour
¾ tsp Salt
¾ tsp Baking Soda
1. Cream together shortening, peanut butter, sugar, milk and vanilla (about two minutes)
2. In a separate bowl, lightly beat egg, then combine into shortening/sugar mixture.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F
5. Combine flour mixture into shortening/sugar mixture about a ⅓ at a time (otherwise the flour will fly everywhere). Be sure not to over-mix.
6. Roll into walnut-sized balls, then roll in finely granulated sugar.
7. Place on unlined, ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes. Yes, they are underdone; this ensures that when cool, they are chewy.
8. Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack.
|add a comment|